In this series, you’ll learn how to prepare your manuscript and the cover letter, untangle the submission process, and understand the do’s and don’ts to get your foot in the door.
This series will cover:
• What’s a cover letter and how do I write one?
• Making a Pre-Submission Check-list
• How to Research Publishers – Creating Your Submission List
• Know Your Vocabulary and Increase Your Acceptance Odds
• Unsolicited submissions, exclusive submissions, multiple submissions, slush pile, etc.
Instructor Susan Kralovansky started writing for the children’s magazine market and published stories and poems in places such as Cat Fancy, Our Magic Window, The Mailbox, and Humpty Dumpty.
Susan has written twelve nonfiction books and three fiction picture books. Susan has three books forthcoming, two with Pelican and one with TCU Press. A former librarian, Susan has led writing workshops and served as the Austin SCBWI Picture Book Mentor.